national sensorpath bus

> fyi
> a new serial bus from national, together with
> two bus master chipos (one a super I/O), and several temp. sensors.
>
> Don't know how soon we may see these but it would be good to start
> thinking about the best way to support.
>

> http://www.national.com/appinfo/advancedio/sensorpath.html

Thanks the pointer, interesting to see a new technology meant to
workaround a problem I didn't even know existed (long analog paths
etc...)

I simply wonder if this will affect us at all. Maybe the Super-I/O chips
will hide the new protocols, e.g. by providing an ISA interface to the
sensorpath bus? I would simply wait and see these new chips in action,
and see if there's anything we should do then.

--
Jean "Khali" Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/