i2c-piix4 problem

>> A.k.a. no sensors found, unless a problem occured. If you're certain
>> that there is a hardware monitoring chip on that board and
>> sensors-detect missed it, please give us:
>> 1* The brand and name of the motherboard.
>> 2* The full output of sensors-detect.
>> 3* The brand and name of the monitoring chipset we are after.
>
>I have physical access to the machine tomorrow or is there a way to check
>that remote. Here is the sensors-detect output:

Precisely, sensors-detect is the only remote way I know of.
Unfortunately, the output you provide seems to confirm that you don't
have any hardware monitoring chip on-board. The only responsive
addresses on the SMBus are for EEPROMs, and no ISA chip is detected
either. You seem to have a rather old version of sensors-detect which
doesn't not scan Super-I/O chips, but since your system is most likely
not very recent, I would be surprised to find such a chip.

You may still try visual inspection, or a more up-to-date version of
sensors-detect which searches for Super-I/O chips. Who knows...

Jean Delvare