2.6 kernel page

Quoting Mark Studebaker:

>should the 2.6 kernel info page be updated to recommend release 2.8.7?

Yes, it should. And while we're at it, a complete review of the page
would be welcome. Some of the problems mentioned on this page are
history, and we probably don't want to frighten the visitors with those
anymore. If we don't want to delete these lines yet, let's at least
move then at the bottom of the page and label them "for people using
old kernels". Percentage of chip drivers being ported may need to be
checked again.

I had been planning to do that for days but of course forgot each time...
If anyone is quicker than I am, just do it.

Thanks,
Jean Delvare