i2c_smbus_write_* will never work

> seems hard to believe but I think you're right.
> Hopefully somebody on this list can verify
> (you need a chip on an emulated bus to test, preferably something
> besides an eeprom you don't want to corrupt... Don't think I have
> anything I could test on.) i2cset would be a good tool to test with.
> It's looks to have been broken for years.
> If I don't hear from anybody I'll get brave and test it on my
> DDC monitor eeprom on my voodoo-3 card.

I'm using evaluation boards with various Analog Devices chips over
parallel port. The bus driver being based on i2c-algo-bit, I assume that
it does rely on i2c_smbus_xfer_emulated? And it happens that everything
always worked OK, including writes, so how could there be such an
important bug in there?

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/