Issue getting sis630 i2c smbus driver to work

> Thanks, this did indeed work, though when running sensors-detect, i
> get: Next adapter: SMBus SIS630 adapter at 5080 (Algorithm
> unavailiable) Do you want to scan it? (YES/no/selectively):
> Client found at address 0x08
> Client found at address 0x10
>
> ..
> Sorry, no chips were detected.
> ..
>
> I assume this means that either (a) the laptop has no sensors, or (b)
> they aren't supported by linux yet.  Is this a reasonable assertion?
> Is there anything I can do (short of disassembling my laptop) to help?

Most probably (a). 0x08 is a typical address for SMBus 2.0 related stuff
(not a real chip), and 0x10 is certainly not a typical address for
hardware monitoring chips. You can still try dumping their contents
(using i2cdump), but I would say no chance we can do anything with them.
At the very limit they may be battery-related chips.

It's very common that laptop have no hardware monitoring chips, or at
least they are not exposed. You may get some luck with ACPI (thermal
zone & fan) in this case.

Good luck,

--
Jean Delvare