Third auto-fan control interface proposal

> if that's the case, then when auto_channels is on, pwm_enable must be
> zero, one, or don't care?(in other words, does the pwmconfig script
> need to change?) Using pwm_enable as a master configure
> (off/manual/auto) makes sense to me.

I thought that pwm_enable would be the master command, ie:
pwm = 0: fan to full speed
pwm = 1, auto_channels = 0: manual pwm
pwm = 1, auto_channels > 0: auto pwm

But I didn't consider the pwm scripts. Would it be complicated to update
these scripts according to the model I propose?

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/