VRM(VRD) detection versus CPUID

First of all great job Rudolf for the research and the code.

I vote option #1 for 2.4.
Option #2 would force sensors users to upgrade to latest i2c.
Option #3 isn't worth the trouble, unless that's what we do for 2.6, then maybe.

I vote option #1 for 2.6, unless we get objections, then we do #3.
I don't see much in common with the code in i2c-sensor (#2).

Small comments on the code:
comment spelling familly -> family
return values 00 -> 0
coding style fixes (tabs)

Also, by returning 0, we require each module to pick its own
default: if(! vrm = which_vrm()) vrm = DEFAULT_VRM;
this is what we want, right, since different drivers may have different
ideas about what is the best default?