2.6 kernel - IT87 - Issues

I thought I would share my experience and ask some general status
questions.  I?m using MDK 10.0 official
download and installed lm_sensors 2.8.4 which is distributed with it. This
is
running on an IDEQ 200V (M7VBA motherboard).  I noticed that my IT8705 was

recognized and some EEPROM on my SRAM.  I very quickly had sensors.conf
configured and the only issues I had where that my BIOS only shows CPU
temp
(temp2) and it does not show -12 or -5 or Vcore2 which is just under
Vcore1
(~0.15V).  The output of sensors showed good agreement with all that the
BIOS
shows and temp1 (M/B temp) and temp3 seemed reasonable I just don?t have a

BIOS output to compare with.  The sensors output of -5 and -12 was screwed

(ex. -12 was ~-19 V!).  I was also a bit surprised that my IC was located
in /sys/bus/i2c/devices/0-0290 until I read about 2.6 directory changing.
So,
all in all sensors is working EXCEPT no fan control.  My fans appear to go
100% pwm...annoying as I purchased this as my quiet pc in my guitar room!
Now
I know not everything is 2.6 ready so...What is the status of fan control
in
2.6?  Are the fancontrol and/or pwmconfig scripts 2.6 ready?  Also, I
don?t
know is this is pertinent but when I run acpi -V I only get the CPU temp
which
agrees well with temp2 (CPU temp) but why wouldn?t I get additional
information like sensors provides?  I realize acpi might be completely
separate from i2c but as I know next to nothing I thought I would ask.

Thanks,
Rich