pca9540 driver question

Hi All,

I am working on a board that has a PCA9541 I2C Mux, and is recognized
by sensors-detect as the pca9540.  The driver loads fine, but I have
yet to really test it.  I guess my question is what was what functionality
was the driver attempting to provide?  Does it actually allow for
the phillips arbitration protocol when trying to talk to any sensors on
the I2C bus, or does it only show what channel is selected at the
time?  I looked in the code, and I could not see how it was actually
allowing for the arbitration of the bus, but I very well could have
missed something.

Thanks...james