Intel 6300ESB ICH smbus driver support

Hi All,

I have a board with the Intel 6300ESB ICH which contains an integrated
smbus controller (is that the right terminology?).  Sensors does not seem
to detect this smbus controller, but after some groking of code it seems
like it should.  The reason I say this, is I downloaded some patches to
the i2c-i801.c bus driver from intel for this ICH and then looked in
the latest sources (v2.8.7 of lm_sensors) and found what looked to be
the equivelant stuff being done in that source as in the patch (I say
equivelant, because Intel had generated their patch against the lm_sensors
that came with the RH 8 distro, so for instance structure initilization
was not done according to C99 in the Intel patch).  Basically, the patch
and the source both simply say that the device in question is known by
0x25a4, and then the current source actually attempts to support some
of its more advanced features.

Anyway, when I manually try to load the i2c-i801 driver it simply says the
i801 driver is not detected.  What might be wrong or what can I do next?

Many Thanks...james