linking against libsensors

Hi All,

I realize this is a real stupid question, but I was hopping that it would
also be an easy one for someone to answer.  I was trying write a simple
program that uses libsensors, mainly to try to figure out how to use it,
and when I tried to link against libsensors (using -lsensors as the linker
option), it would never be able to find the libsensors library.  I finally
figured out that I did not have a symlink /usr/lib/libsensors.so.  I
created the link and my test programed linked fine.  My question is, is
there away to tell the ld (or ld through gcc) to use a particular version
of a .so (for instance I had a libsensors.so.1 and a libsensors.so.1.2.1)?

Thanks...james