I2C Drivers for Motorola MCF5282

we have lots of information on our Documentation page that will help you.
Check the sensors project, the i2c project and maybe PPC kernel trees
for the i2c driver that most closely matches the Coldfire, and start from that.
Not familiar w/ Coldfire so can't give you specific guidance.
On adapter/algorithms, generally you should write a 'combined' driver.
Exception is if it is a bit-banger rather than a real i2c subsystem,
if so you only need to write a simple adapter driver and use i2c-algo-bit as the algorithm.
Do you plan to submit your drivers back to us? If so we'll add your
name to our new drivers page.
If you have more questions let us know, we're here to help.
mds