bad vid value

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 11:38:08AM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:

> >> Yes, you can. The Winbond W83627HF on the ISA bus is supported by both
> >> drivers. Using the w83627hf driver is prefered though.
> >
> >if I use only w83627hf driver ( which seems to work only through isa bus )
> >I think it is no longer needed to load i2c_nforce, i2c_isa should be
> >enough ?
>
> Correct. Even with the w83781d driver, it was already the case. You need
> the i2c-nforce2 driver if and only if you access the hardware monitoring
> chip as an  I2C device. Since it seems that you are accessing it as an
> ISA device, i2c-isa alone is enough.
>
> Jean

the vid value got correct with CVS version

I tried to load w83627hf driver but it failed with  'no such device'
whereas it works well with i2c_isa and w83781d

this means that the w83627hf driver tries to access devices that
do not exist on my PC, could someone tell me which device nodes
have to be created ? or which option the driver need to get the right
device ?

thanks in advance
edouard

|                          Edouard DEBRY                          |
| Ph-D student at E.N.P.C - C.E.R.E.A   http://www.enpc.fr/cerea/ |
| 21 Rue Nobel, Cit? Descartes        TEL  : 33 1 64 15 21 52     |
| 77455 CHAMPS SUR MARNE              MAIL : debry at cerea.enpc.fr  |
| Thesis subject: MODELING OF AN ATMOSPHERIC AEROSOL DISTRIBUTION |