Single fan sensor not detected

Hi Jean.

> Aha, it wasn't meant to be a smiley. I just missed the opening
> parenthesis. Glad it helped anyway. However this means that your fan is
> really, really slow. Maybe this explains why your system is so hot?
>
> >> As hot has hell! Hardly believable. Maybe you need to change the sensor
> >> type?
> >
> >Changing the sensor type starts to give negative temperatures.
>
> Hm OK, so they had to be correct in the first place.

Could it be that the fan is not being driven fast enough by bios/io chip
settings? Or maybe the CPU fan is just a little flaky. Any ideas?

It is a Gigabyte GA-7VKML motherboard. VIA KM266 & VT8233A + IT8705F.

> > The it87 & lm90  M/B temp are starting to agree.
>
> It's both encouraging (means we are probably measuring the temperature
> correctly) and frightening (would your system need additional fans?)
>
> > However the it87 CPU temp looks almost 2X the lm90 one.
>
> This is odd. Do you have any conversion formula set in the configuration
> file?

I checked and this was a part of the problem. It looks like it still may
need some tweaking.

Cheers,

bradley