Missing download

>I've installed kernel-tmb-2.6.5-1.tmb.5mdk-1-1mdk.i586.rpm, and still no
>temperatures. Several instances of Vcore 1, all showing different voltages.
>This might tell me something, but don't know what it means:
>[root at localhost bin]# find / -name *libsensors.so.3
>/home/william/lm_sensors-2.8.6/lib/libsensors.so.3
>/home/william/lm_sensors-2.8.5/lib/libsensors.so.3
>/usr/local/lib/libsensors.so.3
>[root at localhost bin]# cd /usr/local/lib
>[root at localhost lib]# sensors -s
>sensors: error while loading shared libraries: libsensors.so.3: cannot
>open shared object file: No such file or directory
>[root at localhost lib]#
>
>There's a feeling that I need install instructions for dummies at this
>point. Comment please?

Most likely you don't have /usr/local/lib in your library search path,
or you forgot to run ldconfig after installing lm_sensors.

Check in /etc/ld.so.conf. If you see no "/usr/local/lib" line, add it.
Then run "ldconfig". Hopefully sensors will now find it.

I invite you to get rid of any older version of sensors or libsensors you
could have in /usr/bin and /usr/lib, respectively. Such files could have
been installed through a distribution package and would get in the way
of your newly installed files, possibly causing trouble.

Jean