linking libsensors

It is a legal question.
I am asking becuase the README file has the following:

Note that at this moment, libsensors falls under the GPL, not the LGPL.
In more human language, that means it is FORBIDDEN to link any application
to the library, even to the shared version, if the application itself
does not fall under the GPL. This will probably be changed in the future.
In the meantime, you will have to contact us first if you want to do this.