lm-sensors install goes fine, but I only get status of EEPROMs

> The force parameter did the trick.  For whatever reason, the
> auto-detection wasn't working.  Here's the dmesg output with
> debugging on in case you're interested in seeing the auto-detect
> failure.  Let me know if I can do anything else.  Thanks for your
> help.

You're welcome.

After reading the code once again, it's "normal". The code expects the
force parameter to be passed in order to accept "generic" (i.e.
non-National, non-Analog) LM85-like chips.

Philip, why is that? Looks like this should be changed (by at least
accepting SMSC chips without force parameters).

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/