lm_sensors device request

> I have kernel 2.6.5 & lm_sensors 2.8.6, I compiled the
> kernel w/ modules for the i2c and did a make user &
> make user_install, I did have an old version of
> lm_sensors on but I removed it before I installed.
> How could I check the libraries?

ls -l /usr/lib/libsensor*
ls -l /usr/local/lib/libsensor*

Make sure that you have a single regular file (and some symbolic links
pointing to it).

That said, I think I remember that there is a bug in sensors 2.8.6 (library)
for a few chips, including lm75. This is probably what you are hitting now.
I suggest that you give a try to lm_sensors CVS. Do not forget to run
"ldconfig" after installing it, so that the new library is taken into
account. Hopefully it'll solve you problem.

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/