i2c address probing and AT24RF08 corruption

Jean Delvare wrote:

>LTC1710: 0x58-0x5A.
>The docs say that the chip will not acknowledge on reads. I'd like to
>know if it just keeps quiet or locks the bus. Phil? This is an uncommon
>chip if I'm not mistaking, unlikely to be found in PCs. People who have
>this probably know they do and where it is, and can use a force
>parameter.

BTW- I don't have a clue what this chip does when read.  I don't think
it locks anything up or does anything bad, but it's been a few years
since I've played with one.  And, yes, it's probably very, very rarely
used.  The driver was written out of curiousity, not user demand.

Phil