PC87366 sensor driver?

On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 09:34, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > I just got an Opteron board (http://www.rioworks.com/HDAMB.htm) which
> > uses the NS PC87366 for its sensors.
> >
> > Running sensors-detect finds it on the ISA bus, and told me to ask for
> > the driver, so here I go ;-)
> >
> > I am running kernel 2.6.5 with Fedora Core 2 test 2 and lm_sensors
> > 2.8.6
>
> We have no driver for Linux 2.6 yet :(
>
> If you upgrade to CVS:
>   http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/download.html#cvs
> sensor-detect should tell you which of the three logical devices (fans,
> voltages and temperatures) are activated on your system.

I guess this is what you meant

Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87366 Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Success... found at address 0x0600
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87366 Super IO Voltage Sensors'
  Success... found at address 0x0620
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87366 Super IO Thermal Sensors'
  Success... found at address 0x0610

> That's about it, for now.
>
> If sensors-detect confirms that one or more logical devices are used,
> you have three options:
>
> 1* Try a 2.4 kernel + i2c patch + lm_sensors CVS.

I do not really want to step back to a 2.4 kernel

> 2* Try to port our preliminary driver by yourself. Instructions are
> found in Documentation/i2c/porting-clients in the 2.6 kernel tree.

That might be a bit beyond my skill, I will have a look though.