it87 & Asus A7V8X-X

> A suggested Asus A7V8X-X -specific fix to be included in the sample
> /etc/sensors.conf file as an MB-specific comment:
>
> The IT87 chip on Asus A7V8X-X seems to report the VCORE voltage
> approximately 0,05 volts higher as the board's BIOS does. I had the
> opportunity to check this with two CPUs, and while the amount is not
> exact, it seems to be a working fix for Athlon XP 1600+ and Athlon XP
> 2500+ on this motherboard. So I managed to correct this by setting a
> line
>
> compute in0 -0.05+@ , @+0.05
>
> in /etc/sensors.conf
>
> I have little idea of the meanings of the compute line, and I'm not
> saying the formula is correct, but this did work for me.

We had a previous report that seems to confirm that:
http://archives.andrew.net.au/lm-sensors/msg04456.html

I also found this report:
http://archives.andrew.net.au/lm-sensors/msg02813.html
but it's less relevant.

This is very strange however. I can't get the reason why Asus did this.
And, more importantly, I can't see how they would have done that
physically. I suspect that Asus is reporting a voluntarily bad value in
their BIOS setup screen. I already caught them doing this for
temperatures, so after all, why not voltages...

I will insert your comment (edited) in our default sensors.conf file.

Thanks for reporting.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/