Fix for i2c-ibm_iic.c

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 10:41:43PM +0400, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:43:06 -0700
> Eugene Surovegin <ebs at ebshome.net> wrote:
> > There is another patch I made for MV guys a month ago
> > (http://kernel.ebshome.net/iic_0_len-2.4.diff,
> > http://kernel.ebshome.net/iic_0_len-2.6.diff).
> >
> > It restores _incorrect_ old driver behavior and most probably I'll
> > send that version upstream (I'm still waiting for OK from them).
>
> Driver with your patch works exactly as driver without it.
> It always returns 0 with or without any ACK read from bus.
> It is wrong.
> I "found" 7 max6634 sensors on the bus.

Sounds like your max6634 driver doesn't have i2c_detect() implemented
properly. The lm75 driver does it "right" and all those false positive
hits are weeded out by additional checks in the lm75 i2c_detect()
implementation.

It would be interesting to see a fully-functional driver using
the bit-banging approach, but that requires somebody that cares
about it.

-Matt