asb100 question

* Luke <gar at reapl.net> [2004-04-11 11:58:58 +1000]:
> Hi,
>
> 	I have been trying to get sensors to work ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe with the
> love-sources-2.6.5-r3 and lm-sensors-2.8.6, I am using gentoo.
>
> So anyways, I use the modules i2c-nforce2, asb100 and eeprom - and when I
> emerge gkrellm, the sensors work! But when I run sensors I get:
>
> galadriel root # sensors
> eeprom-i2c-1-52
> Adapter: SMBus nForce2 adapter at 5000
> Memory type:            DDR SDRAM DIMM
> Memory size (MB):       512
>
> eeprom-i2c-1-50
> Adapter: SMBus nForce2 adapter at 5000
> Memory type:            DDR SDRAM DIMM
> Memory size (MB):       512
>
> asb100-i2c-2-48
> Adapter: SMBus nForce2 adapter at 5500
> ERROR: Can't get alarm data!
> ERROR: Can't get IN data! (0x0001)
> ERROR: Can't get IN data! (0x0002)
> ERROR: Can't get IN data! (0x0003)

<etc>

Hmmm, looks to me like you have an old libsensors somewhere which is
getting in the way.  See also FAQ 4.27 here:

http://www2.lm-sensors.nu/~lm78/cvs/lm_sensors2/doc/lm_sensors-FAQ.html#Section%204.27

> So aside from getting "sensors" to work, I have another question, I belive
> temp1=CPU temp, temp2=MB temp (from looking at the BIOS), there are 2 other
> temps detected apparently, temp3=125, and temp4=25 (Celcius) - is one a temp
> for my nvidia graphics card, or the HDD?  I'd just like to label them
> properly :)

It may be that both temp1 AND temp4 are CPU.  This is not uncommon for ASB100
with an Athlon.  But definitely temp3 is bogus and *none* of these are graphics
or HD temps.

BTW if you want HD temps look here:

http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/

Regards,