CVS?

> > > Sensors-detect sees it (at address 0x7C) but cannot identify it.
> > > The documentation calls it "Embedded PCI-X On Board Registers".
> > > Does that mean anything to anyone?
> >
> > In case you didn't notice it already, 0x7C isn't a standard address.
> > It's marked "Reserved for future use" in the SMBus 2.0
> > specification, and latest version of i2cdetect and sensors-detect
> > don't even scan it.
>
> I didn't know - thanks.
>
> However, I'm stuck with it - it's not our hardware.
>
> I'll mention it to the supplier next time they come in.

Oh, well, it was just a remark. It may be the correct address for them.
It used to be "reserved for future use" and we are in the future (from
the specs point of view). Maybe now that address is used for, say,
accessing Embedded PCI-X On Board Registers? ;)

> Meanwhile, I have to get the driver working, but what I'm
> hearing is that nobody else will be interested - or at least,
> not as part of the standard sensors release.  Is
> there anything in the code that will actively stop a
> chip driver using it? I can live without i2cdetect and
> sensors-detect for this one. I'll I2C_DRIVERID_EXP0
> for it to avoid clashes.

I don't know if the address will be supported by the i2c-core. I gues
you'll now soon enough ;)

> On a lighter note - I asked our IT department if they
> had recently started blocking the CVS port (2401) on
> the firewall and explained why I was asking, and got
> the reply "so what web page can't you see?"
>
> Ho-hum - off to do a bit of education..

Mouahahaha :)

Oh, sorry, it's no fun actually.

--