Implemeting an SMBus device to control Fan Speed ?

We support PWM in at least 8 drivers (grep pwm kernel/chips/*.c),
you should pick one of them to start from if you want to write a driver.

See the Philips PCA954x devices for a method of multiplexing multiple
i2c busses onto a single bus.

But that could get messy.
You may have an easier time of it using a chip with multiple PWM outputs,
and for which we have an existing driver.

mds