lm_sensors vs. IPMI

> I've seen several postings claiming that lm_sensors is out and IPMI is
> in.  Do they serve the same purpose?  I played with IPMI a few months
> back and never got anything out of it.

I admit my relative ignorance in that domain. Yes, I think they serve
the same purposes. I think we even have a non-working ipmi driver that
is supposed to establish a bridge between both realms. Never gave it a
try so far, however, since I don't have any hardware using this. I guess
it's meant for relatively high-end servers only.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/