Super-IO

Hi all,

I've changed our exit sequence policy for super io chips (and added some
new ones).

The "OxAA" sequence seems to be the exit counterpart of the "password"
sequence used to enter chips. Looks like chips implement it so that we
don't need to return *all* devices to the wait-for-key state as said in
the PNP ISA spec (what writing 0x02 to register 0x02 does). So in case
we detected a chip we know, use its exit sequence if it has one. If not,
use the standard (more intrusive) PNP ISA way.

It's not perfect yet since the exit sequence doesn't really depend on
chips but on chip families, so we should group chips by family to limit
the number of probes and risks of messing something up. Also, the Nat'l
chips do not have an enter sequence so they are likely to answer *all*
enter sequence, so we are likely to use the bad exit sequence here
(although it doesn't matter much; since there is no enter sequence,
there is no real need for an exit sequence).

Anyway I tested the new code on an IT8712F and it seems to work. More
tests welcome.

MDS, I could see that you consider device IDs of 0xFF as "not detected".
Couldn't find anything of that kind in any spec. Where did you get that
from? Shouldn't we also consider 0x00 the same? I got that on my laptop.

Thanks.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/