i2c-patch2.4.22 => pb with alsa driver

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 05:06:44PM +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Quoting Edouard Debry <debry at cereve.enpc.fr>:
>
> > so I patched the original kernel 2.4.22 source with that patch, and
> > recompiled with same options that went well before,
> > the kernel booted correctly, I re-installed alsa driver (v0.9.6), as
> > there are not in kernel 2.4.xx by default, but when running 'depmod
> > -a' I had plenty of unresolved symbols which were dealing only with
> > alsa drivers !!!
>
> I don't think it is related to the i2c patch. I use alsa myself and
> never had any problem since the first i2c patch.

hhmmm, so I do not know what the problem is, what means unresolved
symbols ?

> > so I wonder if this is due to the patch, which means incompatibility
> > between i2c 2.8.4 and alsa v0.9.6, or I did not choose right options
> > !!
>
> More likely, you forgot to enable soundcore in your kernel.

I succesfully loaded the i810_audio module and the soundcore one
so this is not the pb

> --
> Jean Delvare
> http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/

thanks for your answeer
|                          Edouard DEBRY                          |
| Ph-D student at E.N.P.C - C.E.R.E.A   http://www.enpc.fr/cerea/ |
| 21 Rue Nobel, Cit? Descartes        TEL  : 33 1 64 15 21 52     |
| 77455 CHAMPS SUR MARNE              MAIL : debry at cerea.enpc.fr  |
| Thesis subject: MODELING OF AN ATMOSPHERIC AEROSOL DISTRIBUTION |