LM Sensors on SuperMicro??

[Please reply to the list, not to me]

Quoting Ravichandra Moka <ravichandra22us at yahoo.com>:

> 1. I got LM sensors worked on ASUS and GIGABYTE MB's. I am trying to
> make it work on SuperMicro but I cudn't.
>
> 2. It displays an error such as "Segmentation Fault" when I run an
> executable called "superodoctor"
>
> 3. I got superodoctor tarball from SuperMicro's CD (when I bought
> it)

Well, so far there's nothing we can do. See with them.

> 4. I was wondering whethere I could avoid using superodoctor and make
> use of LM sensors instead.
>
> Please let me know if any one ever worked to sense SuperMicro's
> health values.

There is no reason it wouldn't work. See Alex Van Kaam's motherboards
database here:
http://mbm.livewiredev.com/comp/supermicro.html
There are a lot of Supermicro motherboards with standard hardware
monitoring chips (basically, Alex' MBM and lm_sensors support the same
range of chips).

So, just install lm_sensors on your new system and run sensors-detect.
It'll tell you what you have and which drivers you need to use.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/