Linux 2.6.3 i2c it87 sensor support

Hi I have a motherboard wich uses an it87. My problem is that the
latest linux kernel (2.6.3) includes a driver for this chip, but that
driver is older than the one included in latest lm_sensors : in effect,
it lacks support for it87_reset, which is implemented in latest
lm_sensors and which is really usefull. It also lacks FanGuardian (aka
SmartFan), which is also really usefull, and already implemented in
lm_sensors 2.8.4.

I ABSOLUTELY needed to be able to boot without reseting the it87, so I
manually patched the vanilla kernel (I simply removed the corresponding
line), but the SmartGuardian feature still isn't there.

Anyway; thanks for such an awesome project

Romain Goyet