Linux 2.6.3, lm_sensors 2.8.5

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 09:45:38PM +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > BTW I am about to build new kernels for FC1 (2.4.22 & lots of
> > backports based) and would like to include 2.8.5 (currently at 2.8.2),
> > will you provide an i2c patch for it again? :)
>
> To anyone else I'd have replied "no way, I'm busy". But since this is
> you... I just updated the files, go pick them and tell me how it goes :)

Thanks a lot! Rebuilding kernels, lm_sensors and kernel modules for
all other projects took me quite some time, but now there is the
latest FC1 kernel with patched in lm_sensors/i2c 2.8.4 as well as
lm_sensors 2.8.4 userland bits (and external kernel modules, but they
are probably redundant) available at

	 http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/kernel/
	 http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/lm_sensors/

(there is still the dmi_broken resolving issue I will comment on
another thread)

> > (...)
> > If you are referring to the kernel-i2c versioning scheme, the
> > kernel-drm dependeny to XFree86 has been the patron of the above
> > suggestion ;)
>
> I guess we might consider it then... However, I still want to keep in
> sync (sort of) with Linux 2.6 for now. Once the rush is behind us,
> maybe...
>
> That said, we better start with not creating unneeded dependencies with
> IDs, as MDS suggested. And keeping the docs accurate too. This should
> already make your life a bit easier.
>
> Feel free to come back with your suggestion within a few months, in case
> we forget about it and you're still interested.

I will remind you :)
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de