Help for ThinkPad Problem

> i'd read your Post about ThinkPad problems and that you work an method
> to detect the running system - i'd looked today actually on an method
> to detect which mainboard are used on an system and found dmidecode (
> http://www.nongnu.org/dmidecode/ ).
> Specially this package contains an program called vpddecode (prints
> the"vital product data" information that can be found it almost all
> IBM computers)
> which could maybe help you for the detecting process in this special
> or the whole case.

Thanks for your report.

However, you should have noticed that I am both the person in charge of
the Thinkpad issue in lm_sensors and the author of dmidecode. I would
bet this is no coincidence, don't you think? ;)

And yes, the VPD method is now implemented in sensors-detect, although I
agree that it could be refined a bit.

Maybe our documentations would need to be refreshed a bit, but this is a
low priority task at the moment.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/