cpu temperature on abit bx133 (w83782d)

hi

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 09:06:29PM +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > i've installed lm_sensors on my linux box
> > (2.4.22, abit bx133 raid, celeron 800)
> > and have problems with cpu temperature.
> Not really. The only thing I could suggest is loading the w83781d module
> with the "init=0" parameter (after a reboot, preferably) so that it
> keeps as much as possible from how the BIOS configured it. Then run
> "sensors -u" without running "sensors -s" first, and see if it is any
> better.

sorry for waisting your time - i've finally found where the problem was
(meaning there was no problem at all)...

seems that during bios setup the idle loop (awaiting keyboard input, etc)
is not quite idle - cpu is heavy loaded. after booting linux temperatue
falls down, it raises to that level only under heavy load...

that explains why cpu clock had no influence under linux - 800 mhz
cpu doing nothing is almost same as 500 mhz cpu doing nothing...

once again sorry...

--
greetings
Marcin Kielar