Ported lm80 to Linux 2.6

Quoting Tiago Sousa <mirage at kaotik.org>:

> darksun:~# i2cdetect 0 0x2d

Oh sorry I told you wrong. I really meant i2cdump, not i2cdetect. And
unloading lm80 before dumping is suggested.

> I'm not too concerned with the LM80 chip because via686a has the info
> I really need.

Sure, I understand.

> Also, as stated in the 2.6 kernel information on the lm_sensors site,
> the via686a and i2c-viapro don't work together, so I've been using
> only i2c-isa with via686a, and not i2c-viapro with lm80 too. Just
> pointed this out, in case it makes a difference to the detection
> process (probably not because LM80 is also detected in kernel 2.4).

Doesn't make any difference, but this reminds me that we should
investigate the problem.

I have commited an update to sensors-detect to our CVS repository. I'd
be interested in you trying it. It is supposed to refine the LM80
detection procedure. I hope that it won't detect whatever-your-chip-is
as an LM80 anymore.

Thanks.

--
Jean Delvare