VIA VT1211 Port to 2.6.x in progress

> I am currently working on the vt1211 port from lm_sensors-2.8.2
> to the brand new kernel 2.6.x. It is working quite well (right now
> only temp? are working, but the remaining part is not a hard work to
> do).

Great news :)

> I first hope I am not working on another people's task...

Indeed you are, more or less. Alexander (CC'd) once was doing the same.
No news since mid-December though, so I don't know if he finished the
port or not.

> Then, it would be kind from you to provide me a kind of API for
> the '/sys' interface used by the 'sensors' program.

Everything is detailed in Documentation/i2c/sysfs-interface of Linux
2.6.1-rc1 and later. If something's missing, let us know.

> PS : don't be afraid of my @siemens.com email address, I am just a
> one-year trainee here, and I'm not working on some linux-related
> siemens project (are there any ?).

Oh my god, he is working at Siemens. Let's be afraid! ;) We have had
good relationships with FSC in the past, and are supporting three of
their chips (Scylla, Hermes and Poseidon).

> PSx2 : where could I find a hacker involved (currently or in the past)
> of the vt1211 devel, I could have questions for him(/her) about the
> necessity of mutexes in this driver...

I hope that Mark D. Studebaker, who is present on this list and wrote
the driver, will be able to help.

Alexander & Francois, please get in touch with each other, share your
works and provide a working driver for 2.6, so that we can have it
included in Linux 2.6.2.

Thanks!

--
Jean Delvare