Hidden and disabled SMBus SiS0016, please enable

Mark M. Hoffman wrote:

>But, what about this kernel oops under 2.4?  Whatever the state of the
>hardware, this shouldn't happen.  Could you give more details about that?
>I2C and lm_sensors versions, how you built them, anything else special...
>And of course a copy of the oops message itself.

Sorry, it was my fault. I digged into this and found that lm-sensors
modules had different assumptions about some "struct"s than i2c-core.
The reason was that I did not use i2c-2.8.0 but i2c provided from kernel
2.4. After using the correct i2c version, the oops disappeared.

Xu?n.