[eidtmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Kernel driver adm1021 locks]

----- Forwarded message from Jan Eidtmann <eidtmann at informatik.uni-bremen.de> -----

From: Jan Eidtmann <eidtmann at informatik.uni-bremen.de>
To: Frodo Looijaard <frodol at dds.nl>
Subject: Kernel driver adm1021 locks
Cc: Philip Edelbrock <phil at netroedge.com>
Hi,

when adm1021 loads (either by me with modprobe or by the kernel when built
in), the computer locks. when i push the reset button my motherboard beeps
like crazy and it does not boot. however, when i totally switch off the power
supply and switch on again, i can boot again.

my motherboard is a gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Pro with intel 865PE chipset (ICH5).
linux is linux-2.6.0-test11.

could it be that the 2.6.0-test11 i2c drivers are behind the lm_sensors 2.8.2
package?

if i got that right i need this driver to detect my ICH5 chipset!?

OT: btw, do i need i2c-isa support? that motherboard has no isa slots at all,
but maybe theres still some kind of isa bus inside (needed for i2c)?

many thanks!
Jan

----- End forwarded message -----

--