Adding support for vt1211 in kernel 2.6

> Great job on the sensors package, I've had much use of it. Currently
> I'm building a small UGV (unmanned ground vehicle) and I'm using
> lm_sensors to monitor it's state.
>
> My problem is that I was forced to move to kernel 2.6 to get the
> wireless lan card working properly. Unfortunatly there is no support
> for the VT1211-super IO chip in that kernel.
>
> Is there a patch for it?

No, there isn't. If you are wanting to port that driver to 2.4, you are
very welcome. I have been writing a guide on how to do this. Get the
following patches:
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/devel/i2c/linux-2.6/linux-2.6.0-test9-i2c-doc-porting-clients.diff
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/devel/i2c/linux-2.6/linux-2.6.0-test9-i2c-doc-sysfs-interface.diff
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/devel/i2c/linux-2.6/linux-2.6.0-test9-i2c-doc-writing-clients.diff
And apply them to your 2.6 kernel tree. Once your documentation is
up-to-date, you should be able to start working.

Porting drivers isn't really hard, although it helps a lot if you have
already written such a driver. Feel free to ask questions here.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/