i2c for 2.6.0-test11

> sensors-detect gives following positive results:
>
> Driver `lm80' (should be inserted):
>   Detects correctly:
>   * Bus `SMBus Via Pro adapter at 5000' (Algorithm unavailable)
>     Busdriver `i2c-viapro', I2C address 0x2d
>     Chip `National Semiconductor LM80' (confidence: 3)
>
> Driver `via686a' (should be inserted):
>   Detects correctly:
>   * ISA bus, undetermined address (Busdriver `i2c-isa')
>     Chip `VIA Technologies VT82C686 Integrated Sensors' (confidence:
>     9)
>
> sensors gives:
> [root at pueblo lm_sensors2]# sensors
> eeprom-i2c-1-52
> Adapter: SMBus Via Pro adapter at 5000
> Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
> Memory type: Unavailable
>
> eeprom-i2c-1-51
> Adapter: SMBus Via Pro adapter at 5000
> Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
> Memory type: Unavailable
>

> What can you recommend me to do?
> I have compiled i2c-dev,i2c-isa,i2c-viapro, all i2c chips(But there
> are no lm80). Sysfs is mounted to /sys

Well, the lm80 driver hasn't been ported to Linux 2.6 yet, so you'll
have to wait. If you are brave, you can port it yourself. I wrote a
guide on how to do this, which should be part of Linux 2.6
Documentation/i2c directory someday (but isn't yet either). I can send
it to you if you want.

As for the via686a, it has been reported that it has to be loaded before
other i2c drivers, or it fails detecting devices. I've experienced this
myself. I've not yet investigated why it behaves that way (mainly
because the via686a chipset I have isn't wired for proper input
measurements). Again, feel free to help if you can, or you'll have to
wait until we find a solution.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/