lmsensors-CVS on 2.6.0-test10

Hello!

I'm using an ASUS P4C800E-Deluxe which has a Winbond w83627thf
SuperIO-Chip. I have to use the beta Kernel because the Onboard LAN and
the SerialATA-Controller cause each other problems under 2.4.x (the LAN
won't work there).

I've tried to load the new user-space tools as suggested on the homepage
but it didn't work out. I'm not sure where the problem is. Maybe I
missed something I should compile into the kernel (do I need those
I2C-Algorithm-Modules (BitBanging-Device etc.) ?; and what about
ISA-Support? I don't have any ISA-Slots so I turned it off but
apparently the ISA-Bus is still present...)

Here are the results of my tries:

# modprobe i2c-i801

# ./lm_sensors2/prog/detect/i2cdetect
Error: No i2c-bus specified!
Syntax: i2cdetect I2CBUS
  I2CBUS is an integer
  Installed I2C busses:
    i2c-0       unknown         SMBus I801 adapter at 0400
Algorithm unavailable

# modprobe w83781d

# sensors
No sensors found!

# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
w83781d                33856  0
i2c_sensor              2304  1 w83781d
i2c_i801                7052  0
i2c_core               21124  3 w83781d,i2c_sensor,i2c_i801

I also tried 2.7.1 before I figured out I need 2.6 to enable my LAN and
this is what sensorsdetect (under 2.4.x) told me to load:
MODULE_0=i2c-i801
MODULE_1=i2c-isa
MODULE_2=lm75
MODULE_3=eeprom
MODULE_4=smbus-arp
MODULE_5=it87

So now I tried to load these modules (as far as they existed) on 2.6:

# modprobe lm75
# modprobe eeprom
# modprobe it87

# sensors
eeprom-i2c-0-52
Adapter: SMBus I801 adapter at 0400
Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
ERROR: data 1

eeprom-i2c-0-50
Adapter: SMBus I801 adapter at 0400
Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
ERROR: data 1

lm75-i2c-0-49
Adapter: SMBus I801 adapter at 0400
Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
ERROR: Can't get temperature data!

lm75-i2c-0-48
Adapter: SMBus I801 adapter at 0400
Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
ERROR: Can't get temperature data!

Since this didn't work out and sensorsdetect not always gave me the same
results when I started it back in 2.4.x I don't really know what to do
know. sensorsdetect isn't yet functional on 2.6 kernels so I'm a bit
lost.

Any help appreciated. I can provide more information if necessary, just
tell me what you need.

Oh and I also tried it on test9 before I installed test10 with the same
results.

-- Daniel