i2c-proc module reference counting

I have reviewed some old changes in (now obsoleted) lk-2-4 branch
of i2c sources. I believe, that in the process of <2.4 cleanup,
reference counting for modules is completely lost.

That is, one may call rmmod to remove either a sensor client or its
adapter module, while one of its sysctl's (file/dir under
/proc/sys/dev/sensors/) is open.

Even i2c release 2.7.0 counts for client usage only. As adapter removal
will detach the client as well, I am not convinced this is enough.

I do not know if sysfs handles this correctly?

--
  Ky?sti M?lkki  <kyosti.malkki at welho.com>  +358 50 462 8786