lm_sensors & kernel

> Any news on whether 2.4.23 will have the sufficient code to keep from
> having to patch for i2c in order to get lm_sensors to correctly
> implement?

It probably won't, since it's a bit late to have such a big patch into
Linux 2.4.23 (so I was told). I should have been faster, my fault. I
expect only a few simple fixes to be accepted into 2.4.23, the rest of
the changes be left for 2.4.24. So I'll have to make a patch available
once more.

> Also, any news on the status of lm_sensors in 2.6 kernel?
> I didn't notice it in test9.

It is there! Take a look in drivers/i2c, you'll see almost all bus
drivers, plus several chip drivers. The main problem is that user-space
tools don't support Linux 2.6 yet (although I think someone is working
on it) so you'll have to read the raw values in /sysfs. Admittedly not
very comfortable.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/