ticket 1415

* T Nuro <tnuro at yahoo.com.au> [2003-10-21 21:20:43 +1000]:
> -- so -- I started tinkering again (i've been sick for a week, so
> haven't had a chance to experiment some more since my posting)
> I've always noticed that when I run sensors-detect, it seems to almost
> always give me a different result each time I try it. Usually it bounces
> between saying that it detects the ITE, winbond w83627thf and lm75 in
> one case, and the next case would be only the winbond w83627thf and
> lm75. I've always ignored the ITE chip module since every info page I
> find on the net says that its got a winbond w83627thf......

Funny...

I tried to install lm_sensors on the very same board (Asus P4C800) last
night.  I didn't see sensors-detect recommend ITE.  Your board almost
certainly has the w83627thf - I can see by inspection that mine does.

(You wrote in the ticket):
> The error I get is:
> w83627thf-isa-0290
> Adapter: ISA adapter
> Algorithm: ISA algorithm
> ERROR: Can??t get alarm data!
> ERROR: Can??t get beep data!
> ERROR: Can??t get IN0 data!
> ERROR: Can??t get IN2 data!
> ERROR: Can??t get IN3 data!
> ERROR: Can??t get IN4 data!
> ERROR: Can??t get IN7 data!
> ERROR: Can??t get IN8 data!
> ERROR: Can??t get FAN1 data!
> ERROR: Can??t get FAN2 data!
> ERROR: Can??t get TEMP1 data!
> ERROR: Can??t get TEMP2 data!

Well, libsensors is indeed missing some code to support it - but that's as
far as I got.  I'll try to commit something to CVS tonight.

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman
mhoffman at lightlink.com