Intel D845GEBV2 with lm85: config is locked

Hello, thanks much for your reply.
I've read through the data sheet for the lm85, also found the settings about
locking at 0x40h. That's sad...I'll try to ask at Intel if they know of a
hack to
disable that feature in the BIOS and use custom settings. Maybe experiment
more with the BIOS settings. If I  get an answer I'd also
(try) to volunteer and extend the code to support that. About the addr 0x08:
there is nothing useful there. The output is consists of a large array of
"XX".

Regards,
-Dimitri

PS: I believe there is a typo in the doc for the lm85. In the original
datasheet
they suggest to use LM85-B for new designs, not the -C rev (on page 2
bottom I have the datasheet from
http://www.national.com/ds/LM/LM85.pdf)