Problems patchkernel 2.4.22

> Dear The Lm Sensors Group,
>
> I hope I write to the correct address.

Yes, you are :)

> I have read the http://delvare.free.fr/i2c/ page about the
> installation of I2C and LM Sensors 2.8.0 in a kernel 2.4.22.
>
> I think that I'm doing something wrong but I'm a bit lost. I have download a
> vanilla kernel (2.4.22) and I have patched with your patch as you can see
> below, but I have found some errors and I don't know if they are important
> or no.

Answer below.

> Also, I would like to ask if you know if I2C is compatible with OpenMosix
> and RT-Linux.

No idea. I don't think that any effort has been made in either direction, but
that doesn't mean that it won't work ;) If you have any experience, success or
failure, please let us know.

> e01:/usr/src/linux-vanilla/linux-2.4.22# cat
> /usr/src/linux-2.4.22-i2c-2.8.0.patch | patch -Np1
> patching file drivers/acorn/char/i2c.c
> patching file drivers/acorn/char/pcf8583.c
> patching file drivers/i2c/Config.in
> patching file drivers/i2c/Makefile
> patching file Documentation/i2c/dev-interface
> patching file Documentation/i2c/i2c-pport
> patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
> patch: **** unexpected end of file in patch

I have been having difficulties updating the files on the free.fr server, and
this one is obviously truncated. The FTP transfers are aborted after a few dozen
kilobytes. I plan to move the files to another server, but until this is
possible, we just have to do with what we have.

You should be able to get the files from the primary server, here:
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/devel/i2c/

They are known to be OK, as long as the webserver itself is responsive.

Let us know how it goes.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/