Are sensors for redundant PSU's?

Short answer: no

Long answer: It depends on the hardware.  In general, there aren't
sensors in PSU's which we can access, but there are some power supplies
which have fan-speed monitors and/or temp sensors which we can
potentially read.  I'm not aware of any PSU fault sensor which is
supported by an open-source project, but that doesn't mean that it
doesn't exist.  It may be the kind of thing which only can be accessed
through a bios interface.

If I were you, I'd get some technical details on how the fault detection
on some rack-mount servers works.  If you are lucky, they may actually
disclose enough details to write a driver, or have some sort of driver
already available.

Phil