Ticket 1382 : Update

Hello again,

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 17:31, Jean Delvare wrote:
> VIA chipsets have an overall bad reputation (network adapters and
> motherboards alike) for sure.

I noticed that there's a linear fit in the via686a.c, in the temp
conversion section, in the remarks.
The way I understand it, the linear fit is actually valid within a short
range of temperatures, while the 5th degree polynomial is actually more
accurate for the whole range.
The thing is, since I'm clueless at C, I don't know if the readings
output by sensors when questioning the via686a are processed with any of
these fits.
I tried applying the linear fit in the common temp range (temp = val x
0.427 + 32.08) in gkrellm, and behold! the readings *look* better.
Now, I don't know if it's just a coincidence, or if it's actually the
way it should work.
I'd really appreciate your comments on that one.

Thanks,
Romain