not sure how to report these

Hey Rich, since we write drivers for the chips and not each motherboard,
there is sometimes some mapping differences from computer to computer.
Usually a -126 reading means that there is no sensor connected to that
input on the chip.  You are probably right in guessing that temp3 is
actually the CPU temp sensor.  The fan speed oddity is another issue we
can see from motherboard to motherboard.  It's likely just another side
effect of another atypical configuration.

You can often easily correct for these issues by editing
/etc/sensors.conf to swap labels around and adjust computation factors.

Thanks for the note.  btw-Cricket looks cool, I'll have to check it out!

Phil