Follow-up, ticket #1375

> I may have stumbled across the root cause of my ticket #1375
> (Tyan S2727, no chips detected). The main chipset is the
> ServerWorks GC-SL with a CSB6 controlling the PCI bus. I just
> noticed the CSB6 is on the "NEW AND REQUESTED BUS DRIVERS" list.

Yes, there is no support yet. We think support could be easily added to
our i2c-piix4 driver, but we would need a datasheet to confirm that. I
just made a request to serverworks to have one, we'll see.

> 00:0f.0 ISA bridge: ServerWorks: Unknown device 0203 (rev a0)
>         Subsystem: ServerWorks: Unknown device 0201
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64

That should be where the I2C/SMBus bus is.

If you like playing with fire, I've attached a simple patch that make
i2c-piix4 accept the CSB6. It could work, since the CSB6 is expected to
be mostly compatible with the CSB5. However, beware that we don't have a
datasheet yet, so the CSB6 may work in a completely different manner,
unlikely, but could happen. I of course take no responsability for that.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/