porting libsensors to the 2.6 kernel's /sys interface

On Sunday, August 3, 2003, at 08:23  PM, Mark D. Studebaker wrote:

> I think you are the first who has actually said he is working on it.

don't get your hopes up yet :-)

> First choice would be a single libsensors that works with both kernels.

I think this is feasible...

The thing is that I was expecting a simple mapping of old names to the
new ones (i.e. splitting the 3-value /proc files into the separate /sys
files). Greg was proposing a change in the libsensors API, however,
which I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have time to do. (Or am I mistaken?)

Greg, what sort of API changes are you thinking of?

Am I not grasping the full depth of the change to the /sys interface? I
have not really messed with the /proc nodes directly (as sensord took
care of stuffing values into an RRD file for me), but it wasn't
terribly hard to suck the /sys values into a Perl script.

> Greg is correct that we shouldn't be including kernel headers for the
> userspace stuff.

I think Jean Delvare's patch will fix this up nicely. I just got back
into town this evening, so I haven't had a chance to make sure that it
works, though.

--
Charles Lepple <clepple at ghz.cc>
http://www.ghz.cc/charles/